After months of rumours and leaks, it finally arrived. Bringing back the flip phone in 2019 Motorola launched it on Wednesday, 13 November 2019 at an event in Los Angeles. The specs are now known, as is the price, let us get brief into it.
The new Motorola Razr comes with that same clamshell design but with modern touches that include the Foldable display, something that many smartphone makers are working on & we have already seen phones from brands like Samsung & Huawei with foldable designs. Rumours are also there that Samsung is also working on its own clamshell phone.
- Talking about the Screen Main internal folding screen has 21:9 aspect ratio, 2142 x 876 pixels, 6.2-inch POLED (plastic OLED) and Front screen has 4:3 aspect ratio, 800 x 600 pixels, 2.7-inch GOLED (glass OLED).
- Razr 2019 has 16MP main camera, f/1.7 aperture and 5MP front-facing camera.
- Talking about under the hood it is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor and 6GB RAM. It also comes with Android 9.
- It has 15W TurboPower fast-charge with USB-C slot and 2510mAh battery capacity.
- Talking about the physical aspects Fingerprint scanner is on the front in the bottom ‘chin’ , Speakers also mounted in the front chin. Surprisingly with no expandable storage slot, No SIM slot (the phone uses eSIM), No headphone jack and No wireless charging
Motorola calls the second display a “QuickView Display,” & this small panel allows you to do things like Play Music, take selfies, see the notifications & more. So, you don’t always need to open the phone to do all these on the main display on the inside. Now, whatever is there on the QuickView screen opens on the bigger display seamlessly when you open the Foldable Motorola Razr.
The Foldable Motorola Razr comes in a single colour, i.e., Noir Black & is priced at 1,500 USD. Now, it would be available in January 2020.
So, what do you think of the all-new Foldable Motorola Razr 2019? Do let us know via the comments section below.